- The Committee coordinates and plans the BIALL Annual Study Conferences. Members of the Committee are responsible for the organisation of the programme, coordination of the exhibition, accommodation and event arrangements. They are assisted by a professional conference company.
Terms of Reference:
- To plan and organise on an annual basis a study conference for members of the Association (the Annual Conference)
- To plan and strategise the development of the Annual Conference over a prospective rolling 5 year period
- To plan and deliver a suitable programme of plenary and parallel sessions for each Annual Conference
- To plan and deliver a suitable trade exhibition for each Annual Conference
- To identify and reserve suitable venues for the location of each Annual Conference on a rolling 3 year basis.
- To finance and budget each Annual Conference to achieve as far as possible a break even or surplus return
- To secure suitable sponsorship and other funding for each Annual Conference
- To promote and publicise each Annual Conference
- To manage all arrangements and logistics for each Annual Conference in conjunction with a professional conference company.
- To arrange and manage a range of suitable accommodation for delegates to each Annual Conference
- To provide details and booking arrangements for each Annual Conference on the BIALL website
BIALL committees are in charge of organising activities, events, publications and other products of interest to the BIALL community. Committees help keep BIALL running and find ways to help BIALL support it’s members in the best way possible.
If you are interested in volunteering for a BIALL committee, please see the Nominations & Volunteers Committee page for details of how to do so.
On Wednesday 6 April 2016, the BIALL, CLSIG and SLA Europe Open Day welcomed a group of new LIS professionals to CILIP HQ, all of us hoping to pick up some pointers from those working in more specialist library and information sectors and to widen our...